Get Peace of Mind After a Commercial Fire
There are a lot of tasks to complete after a commercial fire. One of the first things every business owner should do is file a claim with an insurance company. To file a claim for the fire damage to your property, you need to gather documents, fill out forms and secure your property. Educating yourself on the process can help you to finish it efficiently so you can concentrate on other important matters for your business.
How To File a Claim
The five steps of a fire claim in North Bend,WA are:
- Contact your insurance company through the phone or internet
- Make minor repairs on your property and secure it from robberies
- Collect financial records such as tax returns, monthly sale receipts and business contracts
- Track every expense incurred in order to protect or repair your property
- Take pictures of every damaged item and all the debris on your property
Organization is key to filing a successful fire claim. Keep all your paperwork in a folder and purchase a ledger to write down notes. Important information to remember includes your insurance policy number and the phone number of the fire restoration company that can assist with your property repairs.
Prepare Your Proof of Loss Form
Watch for a proof of loss form from your insurance company to arrive in the mail. You can fill this out yourself or schedule an appointment with an insurance adjuster to guide you through the process. An insurance adjuster is licensed to assess the damage of your property. There may be more than one sent to your location depending on the extent of the damage.
Filing a fire claim can be quick if you’re ready to do the work. Fire restoration of your commercial property can be a lengthy process; completing your claim is crucial so your business can thrive after a disaster.