Fire Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
At SERVPRO of Issaquah / North Bend we pride ourselves in being a responsive and reliable partner. We're responsive, we get there quick and respond appropriately. We're also reliable, meaning our team sees the job through to the very end.
Having mitigated fire damage events year after year we’ve learned certain best practices and strategies. Our Issaquah and North Bend area restoration team regularly addresses fire damage throughout the city. We have the expertise and tools to help address even the most serious fire damage losses.
Check out these tips below and follow-up with any questions you may have.
Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (425) 313-3100
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting us.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.