Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Issaquah / North Bend is a committed and dependable partner in the restoration industry throughout the greater Seattle area. Getting the call that you have a busted pipe or some other travesty is demoralizing.
It’s typical for owners to feel a sense of loss with questions like,
“How long will it take to recover from this?”
Our Issaquah and North Bend area SERVPRO team regularly addresses water damage throughout the city and we’ve learned some important lessons along the way.
See these tips below about next steps if you find yourself facing the worst.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (425) 313-3100
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.